Renter's Application Process, Policies, & Procedures
*** IMPORTANT NOTICES ***
STEP 1: Read this Rental Process Policies & Procedures: Thank you for choosing to work with Elegance Realty. Please review the below step-by-step guide.
STEP 2: Tenant Brokerage Agreement: You will receive a Tenant Brokerage Agreement via E-mail.
The Georgia Real Estate Commission (GREC) & Elegance Realty's Company Policy require that all clients sign a Tenant Brokerage Agreement prior to any of our Agents showing any properties. You will receive that in a separate email, and you can E-Sign it from your computer, phone, or tablet. If you prefer, you may choose to print and scan or email it back. It is a standard GAR (Georgia Association of Realtors) Contract, establishing the Tenant/Broker Agency relationship and who is being represented in all transactions, which protects both parties.
STEP 3: Rental Application: Fill out our Rental Application
STEP 4: Proof of Income & Driver's License: Send via Email (email@example.com) or Text (678-757-5364) a photo of your driver's license or government issued photo ID by taking a picture (if you have a camera phone) or scanning and emailing it.
STEP 5: Customized Property Search: Please provide answers to the following:
STEP 6: Viewing Properties: 48 HOURS ADVANCE NOTICE PRIOR TO PROPERTIES TOUR
• From experience, we have noticed that a great majority of properties in MLS that may still show an Active Status are in actuality already Leased or Pending/Reviewing other applications. In order to avoid driving to view these homes, then putting in applications, only to later discover that they are no longer on the market, we always contact every Listing Agent, tenant and/or owner, to ensure that the property is available.
• Many Agents are unavailable, so we require ample time to text, email, and call them to check availability. In addition, if you wish to have a weekend property tour, please inform us no later than Thursdays, particularly because many Agents and tenants are difficult to reach from Friday through Sunday.
• Many properties are OCCUPIED, and require a minimum of 24 hours courtesy notice to the existing tenant or owner.
• In addition, your agent will need time to strategically map out all the properties planned to view, to prevent driving back and forth across town, increasing expenses and time.
• Finally, it is advisable to submit your application documents PRIOR to touring properties, as this will speed up the process of applying for one that you like. Many clients miss out on a house they love because of delays in submitting their application, supporting documents, and application fee (see below).
STEPS 7-8: Security Deposit: Keep in mind that you will have to pay a Security Deposit usually equal to one month's rent. (This is being mentioned because some clients who traditionally lease apartments are not used to paying that much.)
This deposit is usually required to be delivered to the Broker representing the Landlord as soon as you are approved for the rental, in order to HOLD the property and take it off the market. Otherwise, if another Applicant applies and brings the Deposit before you do, they will often lease to the other Applicant, even if you were approved first.
If you do not have this amount immediately, please notify us ASAP.
STEP 9: WALK-THROUGH: Prior to moving in, you will be able to do a walk-through to identify any issues or concerns, damages, or any areas needing cleaning or repair, by filling out the Move-In section of both pages of this Move-In/Move-Out Form: Page 1 | Page 2
STEP 10: LEASE-SIGNING: We try to send you a copy of the lease in advance of your Move-In date, so you can review the Lease and address any questions or concerns. However, this is not always possible, based on how quickly the Listing Agent is able to complete it. However, your Agent will be with you at the Lease Signing, to answer any questions you may have.
STEP 11: UTILITIES: You are responsible for calling the various utility companies to turn on your gas, electric, water, trash, cable, internet, or whichever is appropriate for your rental property. We make every effort to obtain the list of Utility Companies for your rental property from the Listing Agent or Property Owner; however, this information is not always available or provided to us.
· Alternatively, you may search on www.AllConnect.com, by inputting the property address. AllConnect is like a one-stop-shop for all your utility connections, and can also assist you in turning on your utilities and providing Bundle Deals.
STEP 12: First Month's Rent: Some Property Owners often request that you pay 1st Month's Rent and Security Deposit simultaneously. Please be prepared to have both amounts by the time you are Approved for the lease. If you don't have this amount, please inform us IMMEDIATELY.
STEP 13: Congratulations! You are now ready to receive the keys to your new home.
Let us know if you have any questions or concerns with any of the above Policies or Procedures.